Study Circle - Bharat Bill Payment System
CashlessConsumer runs a fortnightly series of deep dive sessions on the technology powering payments, policy implications and real-world practice of digital payments. A study circle is a collaborative classroom to learn in detail about a particular topic. Unlike a presentation/seminar, while there will be anchors presenting, the idea is to learn collaboratively like a classroom setup. We will be sharing reading materials to registered atendees who are encouraged to read it prior to joining the session. Do raise your hands anytime during the session if you have a question/comment.
Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is an integrated bill payment system in India offering interoperable and accessible bill payment service to customers through a network of agents of registered member as Agent Institutions (AI), enabling multiple payment modes, and providing instant confirmation of payment.
- BBPS — Making households data-rich
Note: A complete set of reading materials will be sent by email to attendees who register. The same will be published after the session
- Practitioners from fintech and digital payments, including engineers and product managers.
- Journalists who report on Fintech and are looking for education on industry trends and practices.
- Privacy enthusiasts, policy nerds
- Anyone interested in knowing more about 3rd party bill payments space, data platforms & governance, in India.
About CashlessConsumer: CashlessConsumer is a consumer collective working on digital payments to increase awareness, understand technology, produce/consume data, represent consumers in policy of digital payments ecosystem to voice consumer perspectives, concerns with a goal of moving towards a fair cashless society. Read more on the website and the blog. Follow @cashlessconsumer on Mastodon and Telegram.