This talk will cover the following sub-topics:
- Philosophy behind medical care and health seeking behaviour
- Medical Ethics principles used to evaluate medical technology and its use
- AI applications in Health: How it is different from specific tech tools like IVF, scan, robotic surgery etc.
- Possible benefits of AI in Health
- Concerns - Responsibility, accountability , Inclusion etc.
Have questions for the speaker? Leave a comment.
Dr Olinda Timms is a medical doctor and Adjunct Associate Professor in the Division of Health and Humanities at St. John’s Research Institute, Bangalore. A graduate of Christian Medical College, Vellore, she specialized in Anesthesiology, and worked as Consultant at Private and Mission Hospitals in Bangalore since 1987.
This session will be held online on the 11th of January from 7 pm - 8 pm. You can RSVP to participate via Zoom or watch the livestream on YouTube.
This session is part of the AI and Risk Mitigation series which will host meet-ups/talks on healthtech, fintech, agritech, and ed-tech and public services. The aim of this project is to:
- Build a community that will engage in issues of AI security, privacy, etc. and best practices to mitigate them.
- Develop a knowledge repository in the form of practical guidelines and a self-regulated charter for Ethical AI based on these sessions.
- Post a comment here to suggest a topic you’d like to discuss. This should involve a brief outline of the use cases and challenges regarding AI implementation.
- Moderate/discuss a topic someone else is proposing.
- Spread the word among colleagues and friends.
- Join The Fifth Elephant Telegram group or WhatsApp group.
Anthill Inside is a community where topics in AI and Deep Learning such as tools and technologies, methodologies and strategies for incorporating AI and Deep Learning into various applications and businesses, and AI engineering are discussed. Furthermore, Anthill Inside places a strong emphasis on exploring and addressing ethical concerns, privacy, and the issue of bias both in practice and within AI products.