Scribble Data’s Session 8 of “Making Data Science Work”
DATA PRIVACY BY DESIGN - Tally Case Study
Dr. Kalpit Desai, Founder, Datakalp
Indrayudh Ghoshal (Scribble Data)
Venkata Pingali (Scribble Data)
* Privacy of Business Data – A Case Study from Tally Solutions
* The Privacy by Design clause of the PDP Bill 2019 (Chapter VI, Clause 22)
* Summary of the report of the committee of experts on Non-Personal Data
Experience at Tally
* What privacy by design is important? For whom?
* Why did they choose different paths for analytics and services?
* How did the privacy considerations impact your modeling roadmap?
* How did you communicate the approach taken by tally to end-users?
* What anonymization strategies did they use?
Larger lessons learnt
* How does privacy change the economics of modeling?
* How does privacy impact model design and development?
* How should data scientists prepare for the new regime?
* Could we audit the models for privacy violations? How should data scientists handle the risk?