Privacy Matters Roundtable & Lean Data Practices Workshop
Submitted by Urmika Devi Shah (@mikashah) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Section: Workshop Technical level: Advanced Session type: Discussion
The Privacy Matters Roundtable is an opportunity engage with Indian B2C technology companies on the practical realities of how to run a data-driven business while respecting user privacy and security. This is a global series that uses the Lean Data Practices framework to drive structured discussion around three main themes (1/ Managing data 2/ Reducing Risk and 3/ Building Trust) and share experiences from companies in other markets.
The roundtable is followed by a technical workshop on how to apply Lean Data Practices to your company.
Privacy Matters Roundtable Outline - Suggested 2 hours with one 15 minute break
- Introductions of Speakers and also of Participants
- LDP Pulse sharing
- Managing data
- Reducing risk
- Building trust
- Post-roundtable survey
- Final thoughts: why this matters: ethics, efficiency, effectivness
Lunch - one hour
Workshop Outline - Suggested 2 hours with one 15 minute break
- Designing a privacy sprint: minimization, security, engagement
- Application to teams: engineering, IT, user research, marketing, product, customer support
- Post-workshop survey
- Final thoughts: challenges, resources, ROI
(1) Roundtable participants must complete the “LDP Pulse” survey in advance of the event. It will be discussed during the Roundtable.
(2) Workshop participants must complete the “Pre-Workshop” survey in advance of the event. It will be used to tailor the workshop to the needs of the group.
Mika Shah has worked at the intersection of products and data practices for many years as Mozilla’s Associate General Counsel for Product, IP and Privacy. She’s read, written, negotiated and been astounded by countless privacy policies, partner contracts, cookie notices, click-through agreements, and opt-out (or in) notices. The Lean Data Practices framework is based on real-world experiences of Mozilla and other tech companies from around the world.