##About the event
Cloud server management brings with it as many challenges as it offers conveniences. It is time to unbundle questions about:
- Resource allocation: how best to allocate manpower, time, money and infrastructure capacity?
- Scaling: how best to utilize capacity in the present, and factors involved in planning for the future?
- Security: which scenarios must you plan for, and how best to secure your data, applications and systems?
##Who should submit a talk
- Work with cloud servers,
- Plan and manage infrastructure,
- Make decisions on technology and architecture for your organization,
submit a talk for any of the three events in this series.
Each event is single-day, with about 4-5 short and long talks, 2-3 demos, one BOF, and a three-hour workshop on configuration management.
We are accepting proposals for:
- 30-minute talks – which cover conceptual topics and case studies.
- Crisp 15-minute talks – on new tools and techniques in cloud server management.
- 5-10 min demos.
- Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions, led by 1-3 persons from the community, on a relevant topic.
- 3-hour hands-on workshops on configuration management.
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides
along with your proposal.
##Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference and networking dinner. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Travel grants are available for domestic speakers. We evaluate each case on its merits, giving preference to women, people of non-binary gender, and Africans.
If you require a grant, request it when you submit your proposal in the field where you add your location. Rootconf Miniconf is funded through ticket purchases and sponsorships; travel grant budgets vary.
Cloud Sever Management Miniconf in Chennai: 25 November, 2017
Cloud Sever Management Miniconf in Mumbai: 8 December, 2017
Cloud Sever Management Miniconf in Delhi: 20 January, 2018
For more information about speaking, Rootconf, the Miniconf series, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Get Started with Istio and Kubernetes
Getting started with Istio and kubernetes, how to deploy Istio service mesh to kubernetes. Istio is an open platform that provides a uniform way to connect, manage,and secure microservicrs. Istio supports managing traffic flows between microservices, enforcing access policies, and aggregating telemetry data, all without requiring changes to the microservicrs code. I’ll use the sample Bookinfo application. The application has no dependencies on Istio and demonstrates how any application could build upon Istio without modifications.
It’s best practice for DevOps and other Developers to deploy their infrastructure using containers. It uses kubernetes as the base architecture which is best orchestration platform. That will help to get the glimpse of advanced container technology to leverage and could possibly migrate their infrastructure.
I will show the demo on my laptop so participants do not need to bring their own.
I, Mohan Pawar, currently working as a DevOps engineer at Stylab Info Solutions where I configure and manage all the aws instances for our workload. Contributing to open source projects, DuckDuckGo, Docker, etc. Activaly involved into the docker and kubernetes community, docker mentor for mumbai region. Love to code in go lang. Like to go on hard trekkings in mountans or high hill area. Thanks you.
- Kubernetes and Bluemix https://www.slideshare.net/mohanpawar3/kubernetes-and-bluemix
- Vagrant and Docker https://www.slideshare.net/mohanpawar3/vagrant-and-docker-67989565
- Docker Mentor Training https://www.instagram.com/p/BSMA_GOBeR3/?taken-by=mohan08p