Previous proposalAttack & Defense in AWS Environments
Next proposalMonitoring and Securing your Kubernetes Apps with Istio
Kubernetes is dominating the containerization space. A lot of people find it quite daunting to jump to kubernetes Bandwagon. There is a real need of instructor led workshop for people to get introduced to the world of kubernetes and containerization in general.
At the end of the workshop - people will have hands-on knowledge on basic steps required for every deployment in kubernetes. How to get your application to have high availability using replicas. If time permits - can help on monitoring apparatus installation.
Agenda for the workshop will be as follows:
- Brief context setting on container in docker
- Quick intro to playground application
- Translating application requirements into kubernetes manifest
- Quick laptop / VM readiness check
- Kubernetes installation (minikube)
- Taking first steps in kubernetes - navigating around using kubectl
- Deploy first pod on k8s
- Deploy our application pod
- Logging and debugging
- Deploy first service in k8s
- Demonstrate inter-pod communication via services
- Talk about different types of services NodePort and ClusterIP
- Access application from ouside of k8s using NodePort service
- Deploy ingress controller and ingress for the application. Access the app from outside of k8s boundry even with ClusterIP services.
a laptop with docker pre-installed / access to cloud for creating a VM to set things up
I am a Principal Technology Architect at Infosys in India with broad ranging experience from architecting large enterprise web applications to cloud infrastructure design and deployment in DevOps mode.
I am very passionate about Open Source and am a Developer Advocate within Infosys. I have spoken at conferences in India like GIDS, JSFoo, ReactFoo, etc. I organize technical conferences within Infosys. I enjoy keeping up-to-date with trends in UI and UX world and love discussing technical topics on twitter at my handle @dharapvj