##About Rootconf Pune:
Rootconf Pune is a conference for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
- Network engineers
The Pune edition will cover talks on:
- InfoSec and application security for DevOps programmers
- DNS and TLS 1.3
- SRE and distributed systems
- Containers and scaling
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Red Hat, Trusting Social, Appsecco, InfraCloud Technologies, among others, will share case studies from their experiences of building security, SRE and Devops in their organizations.
Two workshops will be held before and after Rootconf Pune:
- Full-day Prometheus training workshop on 20 September, conducted by Goutham V, contributor to Prometheus and developer at Grafana Labs. Details about the workshop are available here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-prometheus-training-pune/
- Full-day DNS deep dive workshop on 22 September by Ashwin Murali: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-dns-deep-dive-workshop-pune/
Rootconf Pune will be held on 21 September at St. Laurn Hotel, Koregaon Park, Pune-411001.
Rootconf Pune 2019 sponsors: #
##To know more about Rootconf, check out the following resources:
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to email@example.com
Let us Gossip about it!!!
My talk will include the basics of gossip protocol along with in-depth knowledge of it’s working mechanism. This talk will give an overview of the entire protocol including very minute details along with the mathematics involved. I will also use a code snippet to explain the practical implemenation of the protocol.
- What is a Gossip Protocol?
- Key features
- How is the information disseminated?
- Different States of Gossip Protocol
- Different Models in Gossip Protocol
- Implementation in Cassandra
- Code Snippet
Speaker bio #
The speaker has worked on blockchain technologies as a research intern along with experience in conducting security reviews for ethereum based smart contracts. During her college, she has implemented a tool for finding vulnerabilities in ethereum based smart contracts. Currently, she is independently researching on applied cryptography and mathematics involved in it alongside working with the WAF Research team at Qualys as a Web Application Security Analyst. She is also the Pune Chapter Lead for the Infosecgirls community and has also presented at Owasp Seasides 2019, Webinars and Null Chapter Meets.