arrow_back Invisible security: how ISPs keep you and their network safe
Design and implement a scalable application using OpenFaaS with Docker and Kubernetes
Submitted by Vivek Sridhar (@vsridhar) on Tuesday, 20 March 2018
- How infrastructure evolved from Data Center to functions
- When to think about designing functions (Important considerations - break event points, startup latency, complexity managing processes and many more)
- Principles & uses cases
- Emerging technologies in the area of functions from security, management, governance, data access, event management & platforms perspective
- Introduction to one of the platform and framework for functions - OpenFaaS
- Design principles/patterns from a functions perspective
We will build API’s for an e-commerce site (using OpenFaaS framework) and learn how to connect them via UI and scale this application using Docker & K8’s and touch up monitoring which is an in-built component of OpenFaaS.
Vivek is a tech enthusiast with over 11 years experience in the Software Industry. He is currently working as a Developer Advocate with DigitalOcean and has been a Technology Advisor to several tech startups. Previously he was Head of DevOps & QA at Blackbuck and was a DevOps Solution Architect at HCL (Australia) in client engagement and pre-sales roles. Vivek started his career with IBM Rational (INDIA Software Labs) and is passionate about working with software developer communities.