Does your product work fantastically everywhere !
Submitted by Pooja Shah (@p00j4) on Tuesday, 3 March 2015
Section: Full talk Technical level: Intermediate Status: Rejected
Scaling Test Automation Across Platforms and exploring Continuous Integration
- Parameters to check to ensure the quality of app across platforms & across browsers
- Is taking multiple releases live daily a pain! especially when scalability is of concern! Come, lets hear the challenges we have faced @goibibo & watch live demo of what we did and doing to resolve them.
Mobile is taking over the world and my app works awesomely on all browers in windows machine :-)
Wait a second! OMG! it breaks on Android !!!
Holy Jesus! did we test on firefox version 30.0 on MAC machine ??
I surely need 5 points to ask someone :-|
1. Where are our Automated Tests which can test on web & mobile cross platform/browser before the release goes live?
2. Can Unit Tests alone make sure to have the app working on android 4.4.4, 3.0, ios & windows as well?
3. Won’t the backend release going live hamper my front end app which is already in appstore from a month ?
4. Where is the plan to reduce Time To market?
5. Where is the Continuous Integration, where is the Test feedback! is Jenkins helpful for the same?
- A zeal to make Quality Assurance(QA) a better process and few skills that’s all it takes.
- Experience with Jenkins, Automated Tests and the its pain is a plus.