Server monitoring and notification routing using sensu and flapjack
Submitted by Robert George (@robert) on Thursday, 27 March 2014
Section: Full talk Technical level: Intermediate
To introduce alternatives to more widely used monitoring servers like nagios and ganglia.
To demonstrate setting up a monitoring and notification routing setup with minimum effort.
I will be broadly talking about:
- Understanding configuration files
- How to collect metrics using sensu and integration with graphite
- Integrating with Sensu
- Understanding the notification rules
- Defining contacts, entities and notification rules
- Setting up notification gateways
Beginner knowledge of ruby gems and json will be helpful.
Robert George is working as Senior Engineer at http://justeat.in.