Previous proposalA Highly Available SMB and NFS file server with CTDB and GlusterFS
Server monitoring and notification routing using sensu and flapjack
To introduce alternatives to more widely used monitoring servers like nagios and ganglia.
To demonstrate setting up a monitoring and notification routing setup with minimum effort.
I will be broadly talking about:
- Understanding configuration files
- How to collect metrics using sensu and integration with graphite
- Integrating with Sensu
- Understanding the notification rules
- Defining contacts, entities and notification rules
- Setting up notification gateways
Beginner knowledge of ruby gems and json will be helpful.
Robert George is working as Senior Engineer at http://justeat.in.