Ansible with Puppet at Scale
Submitted by Madhurranjan Mohaan on Friday, 25 April 2014
Attendees will benefit from things like:
1. How to run Ansible and puppet at scale. What problems you face and how these tools work with each other
2. How to use new cool tools like etcd in the mix to solve problems
3. How to automate almost everything and make sure everyone across the organization uses the same tools.
4. Alerting and logging practices to follow when you build Ops/Support tools
5. How python can be a really cool ops language
We @ Apigee run our entire cloud across 6-7 regions on AWS and traditionally have used Puppet/MCO on various machines. However, we strongly felt the need for a much more stable tool that could orchestrate tasks . Hence we turned to Ansible.
We'll talk about our journey, how we've used Ansible , Do's and Don'ts of our setup. Advantages of using these tools together and having ansible modules perform a lot of our tasks. In addition we'll also talk about how additional constructs like etcd have helped us in rebuilding , building nodes across 6 regions
To control how various machines are created, interact with each other,we've used several different tools and as a result have tons of tools and everyone uses different tools to perform their job.
In recent times, to take our automation to the next level and to have every support Ops/individual across the organization run the same tool,we moved to Sirjee, which is a wrapper around Ansible playbooks and modules. We'll be talking about how Ansible along with Puppet with additional constructs like etcd have helped us to synchronize our activity and perform activities in a much better way.
An eager ear to listen and question the speakers
Madhurranjan is a devops engineer and loves to try something new and have fun with tools and code.
Ashok Raja asked me to copy the above description . So the same applies :)