arrow_back Why we built a 35kB React Native alternative?
PWA with React arrow_forward
Fullstack React Native
Submitted by Rishichandra Wawhal (@wawhal) on Saturday, 6 January 2018
Crisp talk on comparative advantages of React and React Native; success and failure stories with React.
This talk is about setting up a custom API, deploying it and integrating it with a React Native application. We will go over writing a simple nodeJS server with functionalities like push notifications, web sockets etc and integrate it with a React Native Application. Finally, we will talk about an efficient way to deploy this server.
- Need for fullstack
- The world is moving towards fullstack
- Why limit yourself to just front end when backend is incredibly easy
- Setting up and integrating a nodeJS API with react-native
- Simple API client: fetch
- Adding push notifications
- Websockets API and integrating websockets API with react-native
- Session Management
- Deploying API
- Deploying with kubernetes
- Conclude why the transition from front-end to fullstack is really easy
- Engineer at Hasura
- React Native Enthusiast
- I like to write code and build muscle