arrow_back Internationalising your React app
Introduction to Preact - small, fast react alternative
Submitted by Anup Kumar (@anup07) on Wednesday, 23 August 2017
Some of you might have heard about preact and may have even played around with it. Let’s dig a little deeper and explore the factors that make preact awesome. We will look at the advantages of preact over react, how easy it is to get up and running a project using preact-cli.
Preact is a 3KB alternative to React with the same API. It’s also one of the fastest Virtual DOM libraries out there, thanks to a simple and predictable diff implementation.
This talk will walk you through all the things that make preact awesome.
Here’s a brief outline of the talk:
1) What is Preact?
2) Advantages of preact over react
3) What makes preact different from react?
4) How to swap a project from react to preact
5) Using preact-compat for compatibility between preact and react
6) Getting started with preact (bootstrapping a project)
6.1) Introduction to Preact-CLI
6.2) Main features of preact-cli
6.3) A small demo using preact-cli and testing using lighthouse.