arrow_back Building your own virtual cloud environment
Continuous Deployment at Flipkart
Submitted by Pankaj Kaushal (@spo0nman) on Thursday, 9 June 2011
Section: Deployment Technical level: Advanced Session type: Lecture
How to do Continuous Deployments and take what we do at Flipkart as a decent example of that.
Flipkart.com is one of India's top 100 websites in terms of traffic. We use continuous deployment techniques to achieve quick deployments multiple times a day. Techniques and best practices we follow that we believe could be interesting to many others.
Audience is expected to:
- Have used Debian Gnu/linux or ubuntu
- Used and understand apt-get
- Know Unix file permissions, users, groups and process management
- Understand Debain package management
- Know how the http protocol works
- Used svn
- Understand basics of private key encryption