arrow_back Bloom filters with redis
Redis Memory Optimization
Submitted by Sripathi Krishnan (@sripathikrishnan-1) on Tuesday, 18 March 2014
Section: Troubleshooting Technical level: Intermediate
- Diagnose and identify memory problems in Redis
- Design data structures to get the best performance from Redis.
The session assumes participants are familiar with Redis and its data structures.
- Overview of Redis internal data structues (Integer Set, Zipmap & Ziplist, Hashmap, SkipLists, Double Linked Lists and so on)
- What can a developer do to reduce memory usage?
- How do you diagnose memory problems in production?
(DRAFT - Will be refined later)
I am the author of Redis RDB Tools, a library to work with Redis Dump Files. Among other things, rdbtools provides a memory profiler for Redis. Over the years, Rdbtools has helped many companies to diagnose memory problems.
I am also an active member of the Redis community. I am frequently seen on StackOverflow, answering questions on Redis. Here is quick link to all my answers on stackoverflow
By day, I am Co-founder and Director Engineering at HashedIn Technologies. My role involves designing large scale systems with great performance and high availability. I routinely use Redis as an object cache, as a queue, and for its pub-sub capabilities.