Going Static: Using a Static Site Generator & Headless CMS
So you want to go static. This talk will help you navigate the landscape of static generation tools and headless CMS to build scalable content websites, which are easy for both authors and developers alike.
Static sites have been on a revival in this decade. The long list of static site generators now provide a rich option for geeks to develop and manage the sites using flat files. However, integrating this in a workflow for both authors and site developers was never easy. One early example in the decade was the launch of Healthcare.gov as a jekyll static site and Prose.io as the content authoring tool for managing this. Since, then the concept of Headless CMS has gone more mainstream and many more options are now available to do this easily, see HeadlessCMS.org.
This talk will help you in your journey to go static
- Concept of Static Site Generator
- Bridging the content authoring and development divide
- Using a Headless CMS and the trade-off with conventional tools
- Navigating the StaticGen and Headless CMS landscape
- Developing, updating and maintaining your static site
- Lesson learned: What to do and more importantly, not to do
For the one that speaks on this!