arrow_back Building Application frontends the Web Components Way
Running Mobile Games at 60fps arrow_forward
#Perffirst - Optimizing the Critical Rendering Path
Submitted by Brameshmadhav Srinivasan (@sbmadhav) on Monday, 12 January 2015
Section: Performance – crisp talk Technical level: Beginner
- Understand the browser’s Critical rendering Path
- How to use the modern day tools (dev tools, firebug etc) to improve Performance by optimizing the Critical rendering path
- Demo of pages before and after optimization
- How to use page insights and other tools to analyse the performace of the page.
Optimizing the critical rendering path is critical for improving performance of our pages. The goal is to prioritize and display the content that relates to the primary action the user wants to take on a page.
A laptop to work out examples as I show them. Also, a good pre-read would be http://juvenileoutpost.blogspot.in/2015/03/perffirst-understanding-critical.html
- Pursuing a career in the field of Information Technology for about 5 and a half years now
- Appreciating the nuances of how the ‘job gets done’ across different industries’s IT needs
- Startup oriented (Love the concept of Lean startup and Minimum viable product)
- Passionate about programming and learning new technologies.
- Learning from and contributing to various open source technologies and forums