arrow_back Testing Single Page Web App using CasperJS
Foundation 5 - WorkShop arrow_forward
Creating Single Page Web App using BackboneJS
Submitted by Akshay Mathur (@akshaymathur) on Saturday, 21 December 2013
Section: Workshops Technical level: Advanced
At the end of the workshop, the attendees will be able to:
- Understand the concept of client side MVC and its design pattern
- Implement a fairly complex MVC app using BackboneJS
- Create a dynamic Pinterest-like user interface
During the workshop, we shall create something that looks like http://shopsocially.com/community/Burpee
Following concepts will be demonstrated while doing:
- Dividing the code into Router, Models and Views
- Handling nested views
- Working with Collection of models
- Handling DOM events within a view
- Raising and capturing custom events
- Getting data from server via ajax calls
- Dynamically creating HTML and attaching it to DOM
- The participants must bring the laptop with Firefox browser installed.
- Firebug browser plugin should also be installed in Firefox.
- Internet connection will also be required for including library and making ajax calls.
- Knowledge of Cofeescript is a plus
With 15+ years of industry experience, I am currently consulting a few startups on technical and product management side.
Most of the time I worked with product start-ups in various roles spanning across different departments including development, testing, release management, training, customer support, product management and digital marketing.
Wi-Fi security leader AirTight Networks and Social Shopping pioneer ShopSocially are the notable companies I worked full time. I joined both the companies at their conceptualization stage and worked with them till they became stable.