arrow_back Demystifying component architecture in Angular
Simplify UI test automation with Puppeteer
Submitted by Pranav Raj.S (@pranavrajs) on Monday, 6 August 2018
Frontend ecosystem is highly adaptive. It is becoming painful to write UI tests. We may use Jest, Enzyme, and mocha for various use cases. Still, it’s not enough.
Here I would like to propose a system, an architecture, which you can use to set up to automate your tests. This talk would describe the ways by which you can record the tests and run those tests using Puppeteer. I would cover the basics of Puppeteer and it’s various use-cases.
- Why is UI testing important?
- What is Puppeteer and how can it be used for UI testing?
- Introduction on how to write tests with puppeteer
- A guideline to write and manage tests with puppeteer
- How we did it? A brief description of the framework we build for our internal use
Pranav works with Bigbinary as a Software Engineer. He has 6+ years of experience in Frontend Engineering, previously worked as a Senior Software engineer at Tracxn.