arrow_back Demystifying component architecture in Angular
Simplify UI test automation with Puppeteer
Submitted by Pranav Raj.S (@pranavrajs) on Monday, 6 August 2018
Section: Crisp talk Technical level: Intermediate
Frontend ecosystem is highly adaptive. It is becoming painful to write UI tests. We may use Jest, Enzyme, and mocha for various use cases. Still, it’s not enough.
Here I would like to propose a system, an architecture, which you can use to set up to automate your tests. This talk would describe the ways by which you can record the tests and run those tests using Puppeteer. I would cover the basics of Puppeteer and it’s various use-cases.
- Why is UI testing important?
- What is Puppeteer and how can it be used for UI testing?
- Introduction on how to write tests with puppeteer
- A guideline to write and manage tests with puppeteer
- How we did it? A brief description of the framework we build for our internal use
Pranav works with Bigbinary as a Software Engineer. He has 6+ years of experience in Frontend Engineering, previously worked as a Senior Software engineer at Tracxn.