Submitted by George Mandis (@georgemandis) on Monday, 27 November 2017
- Introduction to types of interactive “art projects”
- A very brief history of how technology influences art (and vice-versa)
- Modern Browser APIs (Web Audio, Microphone, Camera, Web MIDI, Geolocation, etc.)
- Exploring AI and deep-learning-driven services (AWS Rekognition, Lex, Polly, etc.)
- 3-5 Code examples and demos using previously mentioned APIs, libraries and hardware
- Future APIs, services and creative potential
- How creative exploration makes us better developers (summary)
For either workshop a laptop with Chrome installed would required.
For the MIDI workshop there is a provided-hardware component I would want to discuss with the conference organizers.
George Mandis is a freelance web developer, consultant, frequent traveler and occasional educator based primarily out of Portland, Oregon. He’s worked with startups, professional sports teams, small businesses and individuals but excels at helping people find elegant solutions for their projects. He spent a year living as a digital nomad, inadvertently cheated at a marathon in North Korea and writes frequently on technology and travel on his website.