Hey Alexa, let's build an Alexa Skill using Nodejs
Submitted by Mukul jain (@mukuljain) on Monday, 12 February 2018
This is the era of voice, plain and simple! Siri, Google Assistant & Alexa, all have made an undeniable impact. AI, one the application of Machine Learning, is the new buzz-word and backbone of voice-user interface. In this talk, I will discuss best practices of building Alexa Skills using Nodejs.
I will be discussing my experience and learnings, of building conversational Alexa Skills. After building various Alexa skills, I’ve learned that building them is easier part but making an user to have a conversation with Alexa, is the real deal.
During this session, I will cover:
- Voice-user Interface
- Why voice over Web
- AWS Polly, NLP behind the scene Alexa Skills Kit
- Understanding Intent Schemas, Slots and Sample utterances of Alexa Skills
- Lambda Function and why serverless over monolithic architecture
- Developing and testing your Alexa Skill, without an Alexa Enabled device
- Best Voice Practices
- What future holds for “voice bots”
- Conclusion and QA
Mukul is a Node.js enthusiast, technology savvy, blogger, speaker, and Bibliophile. Mukul has experience in developing and scaling full-stack applications using isomorphic frameworks like Meteor and serverless architectures like AWS. He has been speaker at JSChannel 2017, JSFusion, Meteor-Noida, and AWSDelhi. He is also a mentor at Paytm - Build for India initiative
Also, a huge movie geek in his free time.