arrow_back Multithreading in Node.js
Simplify UI test automation with Puppeteer arrow_forward
Demystifying component architecture in Angular
Submitted by Rohit Rai (@rohitkrai03) on Tuesday, 7 August 2018
Web applications today are getting more and more complex with hundreds of components or more. There are a lot of opinionated views on the architecture of our overall application but most of the times we overlook design and architecture of our components. There are three different ways we can design our components - container components, dumb component and smart components. In this talk I’ll be talking about how these component design patterns fit into different scenarios we come accross while developing our application and common pitfalls to them.
- Brief introduction of component architecture.
- Why we need to think of better designs for our components.
- A common component design pattern and issue with it.
- Container components and its purpose.
- Dumb components and benefits.
- Smart components and how they can bring balance.
- How can we think about when to use what?