Building a Scalable Developer Platform using NodeJS and Serverless
Submitted by Satwik Hebbar (@satwikhebbar) on Saturday, 7 July 2018
Section: Full talk Technical level: Intermediate
If you were to create a platform for developers to build and publish their apps today, what building blocks would you end up using? At Freshworks, we took this plunge with a potent combination of JS and Serverless and uncovered that this is not only an economical model, but also opens up powerful paradigms for the very app developers we want to reach out to. Come hear the story of our journey so far and the problems we solved, and are yet to solve, along the way.
- Set the context for what a developer platform is and what problems it must solve
- Why we picked JS and how we ended up with Serverless
- How exactly we use Serverless in our architecture and offering
- How are Serverless functions deployed and secured?
- What constraints must one be conscious of and how to overcome them?
- Where we are today and where we must go, and how JS and Serverless will serve us in the future
Satwik leads engineering at the Freshworks Marketplace where we are building a developer platform for app developers to extend and integrate into Freshworks’s SaaS products. He has been an avid programmer from his school days and counts 15 years of industry experience today, including 8 with a startup acquired by IBM. In his current role, Satwik owns the architecture, delivery, quality and developer satisfaction for the developer platform we are building at Freshworks.