Micro frontends - team management, complexity and governance challenges “As a more distributed architecture, micro frontends will inevitably lead to having more stuff to manage - more repositories, more tools, more build/deploy p… more
About the conference #
CSS loading optimizations like Critical CSS are often one of the main tools to optimise for the first meaningful paint metric. This directly impacts the user experience as it lets the browser paint pixels on the screen with minimum data possible.
There are multiple parts to this problem such as:
- Detecting what all markup and CSS to load.
- How to lazy load the rest of the stylsheets.
- What strategy to use to evaluate critical CSS.
- How to do this without impacting time to first byte.
This conference is curated by Prateek Bhatnagar, frontend architect at Uber. Previously, Prateek was senior software engineer (frontend), collaborating with NextJS to help push the bar of performance on web using wrapper frameworks.
Key takeaways from this conference #
- Evaluate a variety of options for improving important web vitals.
- Knowledge about tools and frameworks which are providing these optimizations out of the box.
- Awareness about popular techniques around dead code elimination.
Contact information: For inquiries about participating in the conference, post a comment at https://hasgeek.com/jsfoo/css-loading-and-critical-css/comments
For more updates, follow JSFoo on Twitter