Generating comics with JS
What does it take to create a FontAwesome equivalent for comics?
- How we broke down comic characters into structured components (and how you can break down arbitrary images similarly in JS)
- How to draw and compose these images using data
- How to handle problems with static content and async loaoding on CDNs
- JS developers who want to include comics in their pages
- JS developers who want to understand gotchas in library packaging
Why do we need to bother with comics?
How can we control comic content using data analysis
How we built a library to automate this
Anand is a co-founder of Gramener, a company that narrates insights as data stories.
Anand is design-impaired. So he had to automate designs to make them work. He’s also artistically impaired, and therefore has to automate comics to draw them