Previous proposalWebpack + Vue Loader : Recipe for supercharged Vue
Next proposalWhy to Vue?
Building plugins for Vue and Vuex
Submitted by Arnav Gupta (@championswimmer) on Saturday, 3 August 2019
Technical level: Intermediate Section: Crisp talk (20 mins)
Having built two popular Vuex plugins (
vuex-persist), I figured there are often pieces of our app that we reuse over and over again, and building a plugin for Vue or Vuex is idea for such situations. We will take a quick look at what are the steps respectively to build a plugin for Vue itself, or it’s data library Vuex.
- What are plugins ?
- How are they used (Vue) ?
- How are they used (Vuex) ?
- Wiring up your own plugin (Vue)
- Wiring up you own plugin (Vuex)
- When to make a plugin vs simple npm module
- Basic understanding of Vue and Vuex
- Having worked on at least one Vue project
Arnav currently leads the Mobile Platform team at Zomato which keeps the app lean, fit and stable. He also is the co-founder of Coding Blocks, a software bootcamp where he mentors people in Android, NodeJS and Vue. He has been a long time contributor to multiple open source projects including the Android OS, EmberJS, Vuex and LineageOS.