Previous proposalEverything you need to know about client-side malicious code execution.
Next proposalCharting in 2018
SPAs are dead long live Microfrontends
Submitted by Vinci Rufus (@vinci) on Friday, 7 December 2018
Technical level: Intermediate Status: Confirmed & Scheduled
The frontend world is obsessed with building Single Page Apps (SPAs). However SPAs are the monoliths of the frontend world and carry the same challenges and drawbacks backend teams faced with their monolithic applications. Microfrontends is an alternative approach to building apps using JS frameworks that are scalable, performant and easy to maintain.
- Why are we obsessed with SPAs?
- Drawbacks of SPAs
- Core principles of a micro service architecture that apply to microfrontends.
- Architecture of a microfrontend app built on React
- Managing state between micro apps
- Build systems for bundling and deploying microfrontend.
- Demo & code examples
- Gotchas to be aware of while building microfrontends.
basic understanding of JS frameworks preferably React.
Vinci is a Sr. Director of Technology with publicis.sapient. He spends most of his time helping teams build scalable frontend apps on React and Angular.