Previous proposalThe new avatar of CLI! - for a better developer experience
Next proposalBuilding applications with no fear with NO frameworks
dead code creeping beware!
Submitted by Abhishek Gupta (@abhishekg1991) on Monday, 15 October 2018
Section: Crisp talk Technical level: Beginner Status: Rejected
Ever since the start of programming one of the aim has been to minimize the application size. One of the major hinderance to achieve this goal has always been dead code. As a developer it is very important to understand what a dead code is and how it affects your application. In this talk we’ll try to understand dead code, it’s adverse effects on an application and some practices and tools which can help you to reduce the amount of dead code in your current and future applications.
- Definition and description of dead code
- How dead code are introduced in an application
- Why is it so hard to get rid of dead code
- Are you bad developer if you introduce dead code?
- Ways to reduce dead code (tools and tips)
- Tree shaking and dead code