arrow_back Chop that code! Shake that tree! - A data insight towards understanding how nuances affect performance.
Alert! Your Node JS application just crashed!
Submitted by Abraar Syed (@abraarsyed) on Friday, 28 September 2018
Section: Full talk Technical level: Intermediate
This talk emphasizes on formulating solutions to the above mentioned scenario. The key aspects of the talk would be to :
1. Understand some of the general mistakes we make while developing Node JS applications
2. The concepts we miss out on when it comes to debugging and handling errors
3. Best practices on how one can log errors systematically to make them more visible
4. Handling errors in a centralised fashion
5. Building an alerting pipeline that can notify the application developers or admins in case of fatal errors or application crashes
The talk will cover the following topics categorized into the given two sections:
1. Error Handling in Node JS
- General Mistakes and Patterns
- Mature Approach to Error Logging
- Centralised Error Handling
- Best Practices
2. Alerting Pipeline
- Why to do it → Significance
- How to do it → Choice of technologies, picking the best fit, architect the alerting pipeline
Who am I?
I am a passionate engineer whose expertise range across product development, software infrastructure, IT consultancy, technology training, FOSS evangelism and community management.
- Previous: Product Engineer at jnaapti
- Current: Co-Founder at Kredaro. Also, IT consultant for multiple startups and enterprises such as Jam Factory, You Go Tag, Ambee and Rapido
- Community Presence: Regional Ambassador Lead at Mozilla and Volunteer at FSMK
Why am I excited about it?