arrow_back Robust UI development with ClojureScript
Making your own Chrome Extension
Submitted by Saptak Sengupta (@saptaks) on Wednesday, 14 June 2017
Section: Crisp Talk Technical level: Beginner
As we know google chrome is one of the most widely used browser. However a browser has very limited functionalities but with the help of a chrome extension it can be widely extended. There are plenty of chrome extensions that allow video recording to screen capture to ad block and so more. So maybe sometimes you feek wish I could get these work done by some chrome extension. So this talk will help you learn the basics of chrome extension development and it’s various aspects.
- The various parts of a chrome extension.
- Writing a manifest file for chrome extension.
- Different types of chrome extension - background, popup or content injection
- Using DOM to do different stuff with chrome extensions.
- Adding other features of chrome browser to do interesting things like using Web Speech APi