##JSFoo 2016: Theme
We are inviting full talks (40 mins), crisp talks (15 mins + 5 mins Q&A), and 3-6 hour long (hands-on) workshops from practitioners on the overall theme of speed and performance, including the following topics:
- Architecting for performance – case studies on how you got faster response times
- Best practices: debugging and profiling on the web, measuring performance
- Handling large volumes of data in the browser
- Building and deploying web apps eg webpack, travis
- Modern web technology: Angular 2, React
- Progressive Web Apps
- JS off the web – raspberry pi, IoT
- The cutting edge: elm
Guidelines for submission #
Every proposal MUST be accompanied by:
- A three minute preview video where the proposer gives an elevator pitch about the talk.
- Detailed outline of the talk – either in the form of draft slides, mind map and/or textual description.
- If you are proposing to speak on a topic where the code is not open-sourced yet, the editorial panel will consider your proposal only if the code is made open-source at least three weeks before the conference.
Without the above information, your proposal will not be considered for review.
If you are submitting a Workshop Proposal, you must clearly state:
- Background knowledge that participants must possess in order to attend your workshop.
- Details and links to software / packages which participants must install before coming to the workshop.
- Laptop configuration.
- Links to background reading material and GitHub repos.
- Duration of the workshop.
- Maximum number of participants who can attend your workshop.
- Instructor’s past experience with conducting workshops.
There is only one speaker per session. Workshops can have two or more instructors.
Entry is free for selected speakers.
Due to budgetary constraints, we prefer speakers closer to home. But if we think you stand out, we’ll provide a grant to cover part of your travel and accommodation to Bangalore. Grants are limited and are made available to speakers delivering full sessions (40 minutes or longer) only.
Commitment to open source #
HasGeek believes in open source as the binding force of our community. If you are describing a codebase for developers to work with, we’d like for it to be available under a permissive open source licence. If your software is commercially licensed or available under a combination of commercial and restrictive open source licences (such as the various forms of the GPL), please consider picking up a sponsorship. We recognise that there are valid reasons for commercial licensing, but ask that you support us in return for giving you an audience. Your session will be marked on the schedule as a sponsored session.
Important dates: #
Deadline for submitting proposals: 29 August 2015
Conference dates: 15-16 September
JSFoo will be held at the MLR Convention Centre, J P Nagar.
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, contact email@example.com or call +91-7676332020.