arrow_back Learnings from building a desktop app using Electron
Facebook Messenger Bot with node.js
Submitted by Taran J Singh (@taran-j) on Monday, 15 August 2016
Section: Crisp talk Technical level: Intermediate
Facebook messenger bots [Check preview video below] enable us to automate rich conversation with people via FB messenger. FB bots can run on any facebook page - business or personal, and can be personalized with content specific to domain. These Bots can respond to queries, take orders, provide information and much more.
Preview & Demo
Anyone interested in building bots for facebook business.
- Introduction to bots [demo]
- Introduction to Facebook messaging platform
- Bot Framework architecture:
- webhooks/tunneling (nginx or any https://domain)
- utterence to intent (wit.ai)
- conversation CMS (firebase)
- response templates manager (node.js)
- customizations [business logins, subscribe, auto responders, Voice interaction, multiple bots] (node.js)
- intelligence (wolfram alpha)
- analytics (datascript dashboard)
- Build your first bot
- What’s ahead?
This session will cover detailed walkthrough of creating a Facebook Messenger Bot using ‘nodeMessenger’ - a node.js framework. The framework is constantly updated with Messenger API features, and supports voice integration, message templates, auto greetings & subscribe, payment integration(Work in progress), business login, and ability to support multiple bots with different webhooks, on a single secure domain. The bot framework is also integrated with a custom analytics engine to detail usage & user metrics beyond Facebook reports.
Familarity with node.js
Hello, my name is Taran J Singh. I am an Full Stack Developer and an Experience Technologist, working with Sapient Nitro. My interest areas are Generative Art and Visualizations, IOT & Robotics.