Data Visualization in the Browser
Submitted by Curran Kelleher (@curran) on Monday, 15 August 2016
Section: Full talk Technical level: Intermediate
I’d like to share some interactive data visualizations I have made using D3.js, and discuss future directions for Open Source work including building with React and D3 together.
- Background Material
- DOM Manipulation with D3
- D3 API Docs
- Things I’ve Made
- A sample of around 5 visualization projects built using D3.
- Dealing with Scale
- Alternatives for managing large scale data
- The Magic of Data Cubes
- Slicing, Dicing
- Case Study: ElasticSearch
- Demo of Kibana-Chord plugin in action
- Walk through the visualization code
- Walk through the aggregation query generator
Passionate about data visualization, data exploration, interactive graphics and Open Source. Specializing in design and development of interactive data visualizations for the Web. Also interested in data analysis, data presentation user interfaces, and (when required) full-stack Web development.