Submitted by Anirudh Sanjeev (@anirudhs) on Tuesday, 19 May 2015
Be aware of patterns which can cause memory usage and performance degradation. And also some steps on how to fix and prevent them.
- Do we even need to worry about JS memory. It’s garbage collected after all.
- How do JS engines implement Garbage Collection and other memory stuff.
- How memory is managed outside the JS world - in Java, C, etc.
- Common ways you can leak memory or take up too much of it.
- How to use chrome devtools to find memory leaks.
- Understanding retaining trees and retaining paths - a core concept a good JS dev should know.