arrow_back PhoneGap Hacking: Get Started, Get Awesome, Get the Future
Submitted by Karthik Kastury (@karthikdot) on Tuesday, 14 August 2012
Yeoman makes it super easy for you to build your project, and also throws in awesome scaffolding utilities like Rails.
The session will cover the usage of Yeoman.io as a build tool.
- Compile and compress your CSS/JS when you change the source.
- Reload your browser every time you make a change in the source templates.
- Optimize your assets, i.e. images.
- Run CSSlint and JSHint on your code to keep it clean.
- Run arbitrary system commands.
And of course a quick walk through to writing your own Yeoman Scaffold generators :)
I'm the Performance Guy at PayPal India(eBay Inc.), building Performance as a key attribute into the Next Generation of PayPal's presence on the Web.
In my free time I dabble with Web Frameworks, researching on the various things that go into making applications fast and responsive.
I also occasionally blog at http://karthik.kastury.in/