arrow_back Real Time Development of a Real Time Application using Meteor
Submitted by Manoj Kumar N (@nmanojk) on Saturday, 25 August 2012
But let’s take this one step further - to Behaviour Driven Development. With BDD, you get the added advantage of “specing” your tests with a business driven mindset - rather than just thinking about your code.
Assuming that do need access to a DOM, you can either rely on your faithful browser itself or go for a headless Webkit like PhantomJS. We prefer to test in a real environment - and that’s exactly what JSTestDriver allows you to do.
In this talk, we will demo the following:
- Writing DOM-less tests using Jasmine
- Running the tests using JSTestDriver - across multiple browsers simultaneously. Including mobile browsers.
- Mocking AJAX requests using Sinon.js
- Testing DOM elements using fixtures
- Integration of these tests with a CI server (we’ll be using Jenkins)