React Beginners Workshop
Vipul A M
Have you heard about React but never tried it? Or you have been using it, but want to see what’s new with React 16+?
Lets take a fresh look at React as we build a simple React Application.
Lets discuss how to build on top of small components to create production ready applications.
In this workshop, we will take a look at composition in React.
We will delve into React fundamentals- Simple/Stateless components, Small Applications, life cycles, state management, hooks, composition/inherintance, and more.
We will then build a small Application using CRA and look at tooling used to build it and how to extend and deploy it.
We will then discuss, some deployment strategies for React Applications.
The workshop will be broken down into 3 parts: What React is and how to build up Components, Basics of React, Building a small React App with tooling around it.
- What is React and how components are built up
- Thinking of Apps as Components
- React and JSX
- Beginning with a Simple Component
- Making components dynamic with Props
- State and Lifecyle
- Events and adding more logic to Components
- Types of Componets- State-Staless
- Composition vs Inheritance
- Using CRA to build a Simple App
- Disussing tooling around from CRA and the App
Vipul is Director at BigBinary LLC. He is part of Rails Team, and helps triaging issues. His spare time is spent exploring and contributing to many Open Source ruby projects, when not dabbling with React JS.
He has recently authored ReactJS by Example, that does a deep walk-through of using ReactJS. Vipul loves ReactJS and Ruby’s vibrant community and helps in building PuneReactJS and PuneRb communities. He also organizes DeccanRubyConf in Pune.
- https://www.vipulnsward.com/vipulamler/ - lists out some of the past conferences I have spoken at.
State of React