Fragments is a two-day, single track conference on the mobile ecosystem in India. The conference will feature talks – full-length and crisp – panel discussions, and Off-The-Record (OTR) sessions.
Modern Development Practices
- How are modern development teams structured?
- How do you achieve cross platform design/feature parity?
- How do your collaboration, decision making, and development processes adapt to accommodate cross platform teams?
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- How is your CI/CD pipeline designed to allow you to test, build and deploy to multiple platforms (Android,iOS,Web) simultaneously?
- What tools and processes to designers follow when they have to design for multiple platforms simultaneously, given that each platform as it’s own guidelines/styles?
Localisation and Accessibility
- How do you handle localization and accessibility in modern mobile apps?
Progressive Web Apps
- Are progressive web apps the way forward?
- Are progressive web apps a better way to solve cross platform development? What’s their future?
On the ground case studies
- Talks on how companies have changed their development workflows, processes, teams, app architecture, and tooling over time.
Platform specific talks
- We are also open to platform specific technology talks that are novel in their content or approach.
HasGeek believes in open source as the binding force of our community. If you are describing a codebase for developers to work with, we’d like for it to be available under a permissive open source licence. If your software is commercially licensed or available under a combination of commercial and restrictive open source licences (such as the various forms of the GPL), please consider picking up a sponsorship. We recognise that there are valid reasons for commercial licensing, but ask that you support us in return for giving you an audience. Your session will be marked on the schedule as a “sponsored session”.
Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by an Editorial Panel.
** Make sure to add links to videos / slide decks when submitting proposals. We will not review proposals without detailed outlines or slide decks and preview videos.**
The first filter for every proposal is whether the technology or solution you are referring to is open source or not. If you are referring to a proprietary technology, consider picking up a sponsored session.
The criteria for selecting proposals, in the order of importance, are:
- Key insight or takeaway: what can you share with participants that will help them in their work and in thinking about the problem?
- Structure of the talk and flow of content: a detailed outline helps us understand the focus of the talk, and the clarity of your thought process.
- Ability to communicate succinctly, and how you engage with the audience. You must submit link to a two-minute preview video explaining what your talk is about, and what is the key takeaway for the audience.
No one submits the perfect proposal in the first instance. We therefore encourage you to:
- Submit your proposal early so that we have more time to iterate if the proposal has potential.
- Talk to us on our community Slack channel: https://friends.hasgeek.com if you want to discuss an idea for your proposal, and need help / advice on how to structure it.
Our editorial team also helps potential speakers in honing their speaking skills, and rehearsing at least twice - before the main conference - to sharpen the focus of talks.
A speaker is NOT confirmed a slot unless we explicitly mention so in an email or over any other medium of communication.
Selected speakers get a pass to the conference and networking dinner. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
We also pay an honararium of Rs. 5,000 to each speaker, at the end of their talk.
Fragments 2017 is funded through ticket purchases and sponsorships.
We try to provide full or partial travel grants for at least two international and two domestic speakers.
First preference in awarding grants is given to women speakers, persons of non-binary genders, and speakers from Africa. If you require a travel grant, indicate this in the field where you add your location.
Deadline for submitting proposals: 30 July, 2017
**Conference date: ** 12-13 Sept, 2017
For more information about speaking proposals, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For tickets and sponsorships, contact email@example.com or call +91-7676332020.
How i made it to 1 millions of installs within 8 months with zero marketing.
I’m Md. Shaiban Mukhtesar, Founder & Developer of Audio Beats App on Google play. I want to share a really interesting story about my self app & its experiments, i carried out to reach 1 millions of users on google play within 8 months.
Audio beats is my partime self interested project where i utilised & learned various skills to reach 1 million of installs within 8 months. I am going to share those interesting learnings through this talk. I think it would be very usefull for everybody out there.
I am Professional Mobile Developer & Backend Engineer with 2.8 years of working experience in various startups & larger company. I currently work for blibli.com & tiket.com both are Indonesia’s top most company under Coviam bangalore.