Automate Android, iOS and ReactNative build Pipelines using Fastlane
Submitted by Abhinandan Kothari (@abhinandankothari) on Sunday, 2 July 2017
- Why do you manually upload the app to Store(Play/App)?
- Why do you take Screenshots manually?
- Why do you provide your app to testers manually?
- Why do you distribute your app to beta/alpha users manually?
- Why do you manage your app certificate and keys manually ?
- Why do you test your app manually ?
- Why do you build your app manually ?
- Why do you spend time waiting the builds which can be utilised in some other productive tasks and build crazy stuff ?
If you don’t have answer to any of the above questions and still do it then this workshop is for you. We Will be using Fastlane Suite of Tools to automate simple tasks and solve all the above mentioned problems with few simple lines of code which you face while building Android, ios and React Native apps
This is a hand-on workshop where participants will create Fastfile and automate their respective apps on iOS/Android/React Native.
Basic Concepts (What is fastlane? Why should you use fastlane ? Intro to Tool Suite - Fastlane Actions)
Hands on Demo
- Android Devs
- iOS Devs
- React Native Devs
- Getting Started with Fastfile
- External Integrations
- Writing your first fastfile
- Android, iOS Devs, React Native
Below is the mind-map for the same:
- Laptop with Ruby Installed
- Standard Mobile App Platform setup - Xcode, Developer Tools for iOS, Android SDK, Android Studio for Android
- NPM for React Native
- PlayStore / Apple Developer Console Credentials for provisioning profiles/Certificates (Optional)
- Anyone can attend this workshop who is developing mobile apps(iOS, Android, React Native), the focus is on automating the release processes for your app right from commits by developer to its delivery to end users. So if you are release engineer or into a team/role in your organisation who handles releases of mobile apps then this workshop is more specifically designed for you.
I am Abhinandan working as Product Engineer at Go-Jek Engineering.I am working in Android and Release engineering teams developing Android Apps along with the CI/CD setup for the iOS/Android/React-Native Apps at Go-Jek.
I have spoken at various conferences in last couple of years.
- Droidcon Krakow 2016 - Mobile Apps Delivered Via Jenkins , Are you kidd’n me ?!!
- Flash Talk at Rootconf 2016 - Devops in Mobile World
- Rubyconfindia 2016 - Kochi on Function Testing of Mobile Apps using Appium
- Deccanrubyconf 2015 - Pune on Web Marries Ruby
Mudit will be co-presenter for this workshop.
I am Mudit Maheshwari currently working as Product Engineer at Go-Jek Engineering to build apps for enhancing the lives of billions. I have completed my graduation from IIT Indore with a B Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering this year.
I am passionate about exploring and learning new technologies and getting actively involved into related discussion forums.Some of my academic achievements are:
- Ear Biometrics in Mobile Devices, nominated for ” Best B.Tech Project ” from department of Computer Science, IIT Indore(2017)
- Obscene Video Detection using QFNN (2017)
- ICEMAN- A platform to enter, manage and execute the Morgan Stanley’s Forex transactions (2016)
My twitter handle is @ThisIsMudit1996 and you can check out my blogs at https://firstname.lastname@example.org