arrow_back Code with Confidence - Tools for Android Developer
Developing Android apps with Kotlin arrow_forward
Android Auto: The Road To Connected Cars
Submitted by Nitish Bhatt (@initishbhatt) on Saturday, 10 June 2017
Section: Full Talk Technical level: Intermediate
Curious about Connected Cars?, all the sci-fi things we see in movies! Well Android Auto gives developers an opportunity to reach a whole new set of users.
The goal of this session is to make you familiar with Android Auto that will help you develop great apps for this emerging platform.
You should take away from this talk, a better understanding of Android Auto and how to make your existing apps compatible with Android Auto.
- Make sense of the Android Auto design guidelines and usability requirements that are in place for Auto apps.
- Develop and test your apps with the Desktop Head Unit.
- Use Android Auto to play music, compose and read messages and respond to user voice actions.
- Extend your existing audio or messaging app to be compatible with an Android Auto head unit.
- Distribute your Auto app through Google Play.
- New Features included in #Google IO17.
I am Android Developer at Fueled and was previously Software Engineer at Larsen & Toubro Technology Services. I am passionate about using technology to help better the lives of individuals.