Structured Data Modelling for AI using Wikidata
Adoption of machine learning and artificial intelligence is critical for success in the era of rapid digital transformation, it’s even more important how institutions make structure data for driving insights. Nowadays all kind of industry is driven by data. Some 80% of all digital data is unstructured, Kesher said during a keynote at the AI Summit in San Francisco. The vast majority of data representing the digital universe, however, is and will remain unstructured. And although unstructured documents are widely used as key inputs and “systems” for core business activities. Structured, organized data is critical for accurate and dynamic adjustment of outputs in continuously changing environments. Unstructured data is, more or less, useless to analyse the current situation and make critical decisions. Data modelling is required to make structured data from unstructured data. Wikidata is the ultimate data modelling platform to make structured data for any kind of data. Wikidata is flexible enough to model various kinds of data sets using collaborative inputs. Through this introductory talk/workshop, I would like to introduce the process of data modelling for various kinds of items using Wikidata. Also how to get the structured data output from Wikidata using its Query service and APIs.
- Structured Data
- Open Data and Closed Data
- Data modelling for Meaning full output
- Wiki as in General
- Components of Wikidata
- Data model in Wikidata
- How to model data using Wikidata
- How to get Data from Wikidata
- SPARQL Query service
- Tools associated with Wikidata
- Projects built upon Wikidata
If it is a workshop all the participants to have computer access plus good internet conenction is required. If it is a talk then Projector, Internet connection is required.
Ranjith Siji is one of the Bureaucrats in Malayalam Wikipedia, Member of IndicTechcom, CEO of Alphafork Technologies and a frequent speaker at Wikimedia events in Kerala. For the past ten years, Ranjith is contributing to Wikimedia projects mainly Wikipedia. Ranjith is one of the organizer of first India level Label-a-thon on Wikidata. He started editing Wikidata from its early years.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2LT0nXsUc&t=45s - Mediawiki Apis at Wiki conference India 2016
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsmxAqYfCaQ&t=637s - Open Data at Cochin University of Science and Technology
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ranjithsiji - Profile on Meta Wiki
- https://github.com/ranjithsiji - On Github