Open Source and Sustainability in OSS via Blockchain
Open Source Software and Open Source contributors
provide for a massive percentage of today’s softwares and web
and other technical ecosystems. It provides a freedom and global
way of contributing to make things better. However, Open Source
contributions are mostly driven by intrinsic motivations. This often
leads to burn out due to lack of sustainability.
Gitcoin provides a solution to help all the wonderful Open Source
contributors earn by doing what they do best. Gitcoin is a bountying
platform which helps bounty open source issues which now the
contributors can work on and also earn and sustain themselves.
What is Open Source?
- Why Open Source?
- Why sustainability matters?
- Case studies of Burnouts.
- How Gitcoin helps solve the problem.
- How to make Open Source more sustainable.
- Project Maintainer perspective
- Contributor perspective
- Distribution of work rather than corporate way.
- Q & A