How I stopped worrying and love the fork bomb.
The ageless romantic-comedy of the inanimate text in specific order when transformed into electric signals help us recieve, store, interpret, process and create information, it’s creators, it’s users and their freedom.
- Guy Fawkes
- Alan Turing
- Dennis Ritchie
- Richard Mathew Stallman
- Linus Torvalds
- Bill Gates
- Steve Jobs
- Yours truely.
This talk will explain why a lot of things are the way they are in the Free software world. It intends to analyse the past to get a feel for the future.This talk aims to help people (geeks,nerds and common folk alike) connect to the Frees Software Movement and value their freedom and privacy.
- The Talk begins with Guyfawkes and his act of terrorism.
- Moves to the tragedy of Alan Turing, The Enigma and Christopher.
- Transitions into the Hacker Culture, Unix and the under-rated genius behind it- Dennis Ritchie.
- Pushes foreward into the wierd new printer at MIT and it’s implications.(This is where RMS enters).
- The Gnu and The Penguin.
- Wizards Of Silicon Valley.
- Apache and rise of GNU/Linux.
- Free Software Sucks.
- Free Software Rocks.
- My introduction to FOSS and being a Debian Maintainer.
- Why the movement is as relevant as it was all those Years ago.
- A Heart.
I’m an engineering student who spends most of his time editing his dotfiles or advocating for free software. I’m a Debian Maintainer and the lead of The Nexus, SJCET (Github) which is a club that focusses on hardware and software freedom and aims to spread awareness regarding the same.