GNU/Linux Desktop Is Cool 😎
A very beginner friendly introduction to GNU/Linux Desktop. Last year in FOSSMeet, I saw not everyone were using GNU/Linux OS and still sticking to proprietary OS. They just don’t know the awesomness of GNU/Linux.
2019 is the year of the Linux desktop for everyone ! :)
The aim of my talk is to convince people to switch completely to a Linux OS from proprietary OSs.
- Different Operating Systems & their differences (Point/Regular Release, Rolling Release)
- Different DEs & suitability to different users
- Cool & Fun Apps in GNU/Linux which makes life easier
- KDE Connect
- Gaming on Linux
Additional : For students who want to start programming (beginners) :
- Setting up a development environment in Linux
Here’s the slides (I will update it to add more stuff) :
I’m a GNU/Linux user since I was 10 years old (2010) i.e 8 years of experience with Linux desktop, programming etc.
I’m a 2nd year student and the lead of our college FOSS Club, FOSSersVAST : http://fossers.vidyaacademy.ac.in/
I’ve done talks before, last one was at Debutsav.in
- Blog - https://subinsb.com
- GitLab - https://gitlab.com/subins2000
- GitHub - https://github.com/subins2000
- Mastodon - https://aana.site/@subins2000
- Instagram - https://instagram.com/subins2000
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/subins2000
- Basically @subins2000 everywhere :)