FOSSMeet is the annual Free and Open source software meet at NIT Calicut. We are inviting proposals for talks and workshops at FOSSMeet 2016.
What we are looking for
Through FOSSMeet, we intend to get the attendees, mostly students, get started with the development and usage of free software. You may propose to conduct a lecture, demo, tutorial, workshop, discussion or panel at FOSSMeet. If the contents of your session is the ‘I am feeling lucky’ result of some Google search, there is low probability that it’ll be accepted. Same applies to proposals titled ‘The absolute beginner introduction to X’ and others on a similar line. On the other hand, if your talk is on some obscure, albeit important, free software project that will go over most students head, this might not be the best platform to deliver that talk. There are always exceptions and we leave that to your judgement. If our audience wants it, we’ll try our best to accommodate it. Of course, if you find people interested in your proposal, you can always call a BoF. We are all for BoF’s! :)
Take the above with a pinch of salt. They are no s̶t̶r̶i̶c̶t̶ ̶r̶u̶l̶e̶s̶, only guidelines. All your proposals are welcome and we celebrate every single one that we receive! :D Looking forward to see you folks here.
Your audience (mostly) comprises of smart, above average, GNU/Linux aware students.
Call for proposals opens: Nov 19, 2015
Proposal submission deadline: D̶e̶c̶ ̶3̶0̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶5̶ Jan 23, 2016
Proposal acceptance: J̶a̶n̶ ̶0̶7̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶6̶ Jan 26, 2016
Presentation upload: J̶a̶n̶ ̶1̶4̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶6̶ Feb 2, 2016
For more information about speaking and proposals, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Git - the stupid content tracker and Github - Where software is built
After this work shop you will be able to use the Git and GitHub (or any other alternative) interface and even which is the only step between you and Open Source Contribution
(This work shop is conducted by two people Tummala Dhanvi(me) and Sakshi Vaid)
Preview of Session
What is Version Control System / Why do we need such tool
History of Git and how was it created
Why Git (re-invent the wheel?)
Basic Configuration (Name,Email etc..)
Explain how Git works
Do some Basics of Git (Add,commit,push)
Why Github ? and other alternatives
Contributing in Github (Pull Requests,Issue tracker,markdown..)
Basic Bash Commands (cd,ls..) Knowledge
- I am a Linux Kernel Contributor (the project for which Git is created and makes best use of Git)
- Active member of FOSS@Amrita here is my profile
- Worked on Android Application Devopement
- I have also have written an article on Open Source For You about Android Studio.
- I have been recently selected as student scholar for Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHCI) 2015
- I have Good knowledge of Git and have contributed to Git (Git is a software which is written in C and uses Git as VCS) by reporting a bug
- I am Security Enthuiast who take part in CTF’s.
- FREEdom Software lover.
- Proud Mozillian who hacks at Mozilla to make the web more open
- I am also a active member of FOSS@Amrita full details here
- I also write articles about FOSS in OSFY (Open Source For You) in my free time
- I have started contributing to Mozilla recently and became one of the Contributors