Release of Pragun Bhutani's talk on analytics engineering at Blinkit and Intercom This update is for participants only
The meet-up will showcase examples of how tools are used to build your data stack.
The meet-up will have three talks and a hands-on workshop (post-lunch).
This meet-up is for practitioners, including AI/ML/data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
- Speak at the meet-up.
- Moderate/emcee the meet-up.
- Host the meet-up.
- Spread the word among colleagues and friends. Join The Fifth Elephant Telegram group or WhatsApp group.
The Fifth Elephant is a community funded organization. If you like the work that The Fifth Elephant does and want to support meet-ups and activities - online and in-person - contribute by picking up a membership
For inquiries, leave a comment or call The Fifth Elephant at +91-7676332020.
AI Maturity Continuum: A Three-Step Model to Understand Return On Investment (ROI) in AI
Building AI models/systems doesn’t come cheap. Data, Compute Talent, Time - it all comes at a high price in the AI world. Given the size of the investment, be it a 0-1 startup or MNC, it is important to understand the ROI (Return On Investment) upfront.
In this talk, we will look at “AI Maturity Continuum” - a framework that helps to conceive, build & mature AI systems while keeping business outcomes in mind. To explain the framework, we will use the ROI curve in AI.
We will see how & why the ROI curve in AI is very different from the ROI curve in traditional software/IT development. This explains why the age-old corporate wisdom of “early wins” does not work in AI. Above all, the framework guides you on the kind of AI talent you must hire and how this changes with time. This directly impacts your AI hiring strategy!
- A concrete yet simple framework to conceptualize “ROI” in AI projects
- Understand why ROI in traditional Software/IT behaves very differently for AI
- Understand how & why ROI for AI systems changes with time.
- Why where you are on the ROI curve in AI has the greatest bearing on the kind of AI talent one needs to hire and How this changes with time
- Why contributions margins in AI business are low and will never be anything like SaaS