##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors: #
Technology to counter misinformation/disinformation
Section: Crisp talk Technical level: Intermediate
A lot of fact-checking tasks can be automated via technology as there are repeated instances of fake videos and images that are distributed with different narratives. With misinformation/disinformation killing people in India now and also being weaponised to attack the social fabric of the country, it is must that those working in various related technologies come together to fight against this menace. A lot can be done in the open source domain to ease fact-checking by creating software stacks than can identify old content that is recirculated on social media in terms of text, images and videos against a known database of such content. Essentially, the Google Reverse Image search technology and Youtube Content ID in open source.
Once such a stack is available, mobile apps can be created which can be used to help people with fact-checking for the content that they receive on social media and chat apps.
This is a call for the tech community to come together and create open source technlogy which can help fight misinformation/disinformation. The technology created will be useful not only in the Indian context but also in the global context.
Speaker bio #
I’m the co-founder of Alt News, a fact-checking website which has been working on the issue of misinformation/disinformation since Feb 2017. Previously, I have a background in software engineering having worked in the wireless/embedded field for over 13 years in India, US and Vietnam. With my experience with Alt News and my previous experience of working on some cutting edge technlogies, I am able to envision how technology can play a very important role in this fight against misinformation/disinformation.