The Fifth Elephant 2023 winter edition in Bangalore; membership announcement This update is for participants only
##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
A Journey of Building Dream11's Data Platform
Dream11 is India’s biggest fantasy sports platform that allows users to play fantasy cricket, hockey, football, kabaddi and basketball.
Our total user base is over 50 million and expected to cross 100 million by end of 2019.
2018 IPL, Dream11 served 800k concurrent users, 1023/sec contest joins, 1400/sec team creations.
On a data size front, we are generating 700GB per day transactional and events data volume.
We started small in 2008 and grew exponentially every year, we would like to share our journey of building day1 startup data
platform to a more scalable data platform aligned with our growth pattern supporting real time operational and batch analytics use cases.
- Day 1 startup data pipeline Data Warehouse 1.0
- Data collection framework
- Data Lake Architecture
- Integrated Data Warehouse 2.0
- Real Time Operational and batch analytics
- Data Quality
Pradip has been in Data Engineering space for 12+ years and currently working as an Architect - Data Engineering at Dream11. Throughout the years, he has worked extensively on bulding real time, batch data analytics pipelines and Data Warehouse implementations in traditional and modern big data platforms on both on-premises and on the cloud. He has a Masters from BIT’s Pilani, Rajasthan.