Why we went ahead with Apache Pulsar(streaming platform 2.0 ) instead of Apache Kafka
In this talk we will be discusing about different ways of asynchronus communications patterns especially queuing and pub/sub streaming platforms. We walk about kafka and it use cases. We will move on to architectural limitations of Kafka and then will discuss more about Apache Pulsar and how it overcomes the limitations of Kafka. Finally we will take you through the bells and whistles of Apache Pulsar and how it solves platform challenges.
- Queuing & Pub/Sub
- Pub/Sub Streaming Platforms
- Apache Kafka and it use cases
- Apache Kafka and its limitations
- Introduction to Apache Pulsar
- Deep dive into Apache Pulsar Architecture
- How Apache Pulsar overcomes the Apache Kafka limitations
- How Apache Pulsar can act as Pub/Sub streaming as well as Queuing System.
- Apache Pulsar Functions
- Basic understanding of queueing and pub/sub systems.
Yuvaraj is passionate about building scalable & highly available platforms. Have built 2 products from scatch as founding engineer and one have been acquired. He strongly belives that 90% of the problems can be solved with simple product architectures. Right now he leads Beam platform team @NutanixBeam. Loves golang, distributed systems and avid coder.